Convicts and Lunatics
Convicts and Lunatics is an amusing and thought provoking double bill featuring Red Ladder Theatre Company’s critically acclaimed one-woman musical drama, followed by feminist comedy dance at its best, by up and coming Gracefool Collective.
Wrong ‘Un, A Suffragette’s Story by Boff Whalley is set in February 1918 where Parliament is poised to grant what the suffragettes have been fighting for – votes for all women. After years of direct action, imprisonment and force-feeding, it seems their time has come. This is the story of a Lancashire mill-girl on her journey from schoolroom to prison cell and beyond.
This really is too much: Outlandish and highly entertaining, this piece of dance theatre by Gracefool Collective delves into a world of farcical stereotypes and preposterous power struggles. Watch four characters bend over backwards in an attempt to be 3-dimensional, high definition, water-drinking, salad-eating, moisturizing WO-men in modern society.
- I make really good pancakes but I'm working tonight & the kids will be asleep by the time I'm home. Soz (sad face), 30 mins ago
- We'll be @blackswanleeds this Thurs with Wrong 'Un as well as some info on our new Ladderistas scheme!… https://t.co/MeMXmlJA9Q, 1 hour ago
- Dynamic image work at Hawksworth Old People's Drama Group!! https://t.co/F9g9OQGuaH, 1 hour ago
- 10.30 am tomorrow - the baby friendly performance of Partus by @thirdangeluk https://t.co/8ECQDXPTZJ, 1 hour ago
- Partus by @thirdangeluk opens TONIGHT https://t.co/8ECQDXPTZJ, 1 hour ago
- Dynamic image work with Hawksworth Old People's Group - Violet winning the 100m !! https://t.co/wGn8ozoSdR, 2 hours ago