Convicts and Lunatics is an amusing and thought provoking double bill featuring Red Ladder Theatre Company’s critically acclaimed one-woman musical drama, followed by feminist comedy dance at its best, by up and coming Gracefool Collective.
Wrong ‘Un, A Suffragette’s Story by Boff Whalley is set in February 1918 where Parliament is poised to grant what the suffragettes have been fighting for – votes for all women. After years of direct action, imprisonment and force-feeding, it seems their time has come. This is the story of a Lancashire mill-girl on her journey from schoolroom to prison cell and beyond.
This really is too much: Outlandish and highly entertaining, this piece of dance theatre by Gracefool Collective delves into a world of farcical stereotypes and preposterous power struggles. Watch four characters bend over backwards in an attempt to be 3-dimensional, high definition, water-drinking, salad-eating, moisturizing WO-men in modern society.
- Did you see The Damned United last Feb or March? Tell The Guardian!! https://t.co/XdVqOx3Xcw, Dec 09
- At @QueensHall in Hexham tonight with @gracefoolC! Come and see this amusing and thought provoking double bill!… https://t.co/jPlP36ojji, Dec 09
- RT @QueensHall: Tonight we welcome Convicts & Lunatics, a witty & thought-provoking double bill from @RedLadderTheatr & @gracefoolC… https://t.co/GFhL3fgZnZ, Dec 09
- RT @gracefoolC: Join us at @QueensHall tomorrow of our double bill of suffrage, salad & fun. Yes, those three things are in combina… https://t.co/EgAwLgx8ow, Dec 08
- RT @Louise243: @RedLadderTheatr Pls RT, help @graeae fund programme to support #disabled #Deaf #deaf #artists #performers training in #theatre #arts thanks, Dec 08
- Convicts and Lunatics Dangerous women with dangerous ideas... This Friday @QueensHall with @gracefoolC… https://t.co/8uAL1EbFAq, Dec 08