The Shed Crew at Leeds Central Library
We are delighted that Leeds Central Library will be hosting a conversation with Rod Dixon (Artistic Director of Red Ladder Theatre Company) and Kevin Fegan (writer of the stage production THE SHED CREW) plus special guests.
Rod and Kevin will be discussing the subjects and wider issues depicted in the play, and there will be the opportunity for the audience to ask Rod and Kevin questions.
Kevin formed a close relationship with Bernard Hare (author of Urban Grimshaw and The Shed Crew), and his playscript has been inspired by Bernard’s original memoir, set in 1990s Leeds in the area of East End Park.
Rod has been at the helm of Red Ladder for over a decade, but this project is a unique challenge for the company, both in scope and scale. Rod is extremely excited to bring this incredible, poignant, and vital tale to a new audience, to be performed in the unusual and atmospheric surroundings of Albion Electrics Warehouse, LS10.
Kevin is also launching a production of ‘The Ruck’ at Lawrence Batley Theatre on Friday 15 September 2017, before the show embarks on a regional tour. He also has “Down The Line” and “Bess – the Commoner Queen” opening at The Guildhall Theatre, Derby before commencing on a national tour.
Wednesday 27 September 2017 at 1pm in Room 700, Leeds Central Library
This event is free but advance booking is required.
- The Red Ladder Burble - our own PODCAST is now available here!! Like and Subscribe !!! https://t.co/54a58Ft90n, 12 hours ago
- RT @ScouseGirlMedia: John McDonnell: "My worry is that this budget will be about saving Theresa May's job, rather than addressing the re… https://t.co/PeafnJuQoC, 17 hours ago
- RT @EricPaulLeue: 1970s gay teachers? they'll molest kids! 1980s gays in your home? they'll molest kids! 1990s gays adopting? they'll… https://t.co/eTye2cAVaw, 17 hours ago
- RT @dangaland67: Breaking news: Conservatives vote that people earning less than 70K are not sentient beings and 'feel no pain or emotions.', 19 hours ago
- UK Govt says animals aren't sentient. We have to fight back -- here's how! #AnimalRights https://t.co/W8zIXMAI57, Nov 21
- RT @RLong_Bailey: Labour's Rebecca Long-Bailey says budget must 'level up' spending in north https://t.co/up9yQcr8Ck, Nov 21