Tessa Gordziejko takes over from Bernard Atha as Red Ladder Chair
Red Ladder Theatre Company is delighted to announce that Tessa Gordziejko takes over from Bernard Atha CBE as the chair of its board, as Bernard’s retires from the post, after more than 30 years at the helm.
Tessa is Creative Director at Imove Arts, also a freelance producer, consultant and writer. She was Creative Programmer for London 2012’s Cultural Olympiad programme in Yorkshire and a Fellow of the Clore Leadership Programme 2005-7. Tessa’s early career in theatre included working with companies producing radical work such as Monstrous Regiment and the Half Moon Theatre (London). She also worked for Red Ladder in 1986, as Company Manager for the tour of Back to the Walls.
“I’m inspired and honoured to take on the role of Chair of Red Ladder in this time of change, and also of great opportunity for the company. My career has thrived on challenges, and I look forward to working with Rod and Chris and the Board to build a strong future for the company outside the Arts Council’s National Portfolio. I share the company’s passion for taking radical performance about big, important issues to new audiences. Never has Red Ladder been more needed in the UK than now and I intend to play a part in ensuring the company not only survives, but thrives.”
Rod Dixon, Artistic Director of Red Ladder comments:
“We are very sad to see Bernard go. Not just Red Ladder, but Leeds’ cultural and artistic landscape owes so much to this man. But it’s onto a new era – and as we transition out of NPO funding, with the highest profile and strongest body of work we’ve had under my eight years as Artistic Director, this is set to be a new and exciting phase for the company. Tessa is a perfect match for us in many ways, and her dedication and enthusiasm is truly inspiring and the skills she is able to bring to the board are very welcome at this point in our development.”
- @slunglowalan Phew! Take it easy Al - sounds horrendous. Didn’t know that about the tests - it’s a nightmare ... ev… https://t.co/j0wRGdmzdz, May 01
- @KenTayl09484158 Not at all ... I didn’t get it for ages ... then saw it with some relief !!!!, Apr 30
- RT @Jon_ee_Bell: Great first episode of @Connected_2020 - well done everyone! Definitely going to be a good listen over the coming w… https://t.co/hTvhvgDpCw, Apr 30
- RT @drsmckay: My six months as @RedLadderTheatr marketing coordinator comes to an end today - It's been a joy to work with the te… https://t.co/X8gqBFt31J, Apr 30
- RT @HeronChe: https://t.co/N5jklxMr65, Apr 30
- RT @jezzeralexander: The Premier League table of coronavirus deaths will probably end up looking something like this: 1. USA -… https://t.co/WtTRgwOBJ2, Apr 30