Tessa Gordziejko takes over from Bernard Atha as Red Ladder Chair
Red Ladder Theatre Company is delighted to announce that Tessa Gordziejko takes over from Bernard Atha CBE as the chair of its board, as Bernard’s retires from the post, after more than 30 years at the helm.
Tessa is Creative Director at Imove Arts, also a freelance producer, consultant and writer. She was Creative Programmer for London 2012’s Cultural Olympiad programme in Yorkshire and a Fellow of the Clore Leadership Programme 2005-7. Tessa’s early career in theatre included working with companies producing radical work such as Monstrous Regiment and the Half Moon Theatre (London). She also worked for Red Ladder in 1986, as Company Manager for the tour of Back to the Walls.
“I’m inspired and honoured to take on the role of Chair of Red Ladder in this time of change, and also of great opportunity for the company. My career has thrived on challenges, and I look forward to working with Rod and Chris and the Board to build a strong future for the company outside the Arts Council’s National Portfolio. I share the company’s passion for taking radical performance about big, important issues to new audiences. Never has Red Ladder been more needed in the UK than now and I intend to play a part in ensuring the company not only survives, but thrives.”
Rod Dixon, Artistic Director of Red Ladder comments:
“We are very sad to see Bernard go. Not just Red Ladder, but Leeds’ cultural and artistic landscape owes so much to this man. But it’s onto a new era – and as we transition out of NPO funding, with the highest profile and strongest body of work we’ve had under my eight years as Artistic Director, this is set to be a new and exciting phase for the company. Tessa is a perfect match for us in many ways, and her dedication and enthusiasm is truly inspiring and the skills she is able to bring to the board are very welcome at this point in our development.”
- RT @LauraPidcockMP: Brilliant from Tony Benn: "Now. the word socialism is spat out on the media as if it was a sort of disease. But...i… https://t.co/EOaIDzpxCy, Nov 16
- RT @Rachael_Swindon: In less than 2 minutes you can see the vital difference between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn. One is on your sid… https://t.co/nHT8IuuHmG, Nov 16
- @suchaladylally It’s the Evening Standard ... polls schmolls, Nov 16
- RT @aprilgrierson_: The news doesn’t seem to think this is important enough, so I’m trying to spread the news! Cladding burning to the… https://t.co/wIWeeKWBDE, Nov 16
- RT @ladyjenkin: @BowlerRachel So glad you’re safe Rachel! All parents, friends and family of students living in the thousands of b… https://t.co/aFT5frONJ5, Nov 16
- RT @cathyr237: My 7 year old daughter’s plea for everyone to vote Labour. This is unscripted I promise, she just feels so deeply t… https://t.co/ETpgw3ppKS, Nov 16