Red Ladder supporters organise film screening
Supporters who worked with Red Ladder in the 70s and 80s have reunited to host screenings of two films featuring the company, to raise money for Save Red Ladder.
The films are ‘Taking Our Time,’ an Arena documentary (1978) which follows Red Ladder through the process of making the show of the same name, about the 1842 plug riots in the Calder Valley, and ‘Fringe Benefits’ – a BBC film (1979) featuring Red Ladder alongside other political companies of the time – The Sadista Sisters, Belt and Braces and The Albany Combination.
The screenings will take place at the Void Theatre, Sheffield Hallam University, from 3pm – 7pm on Saturday 15 November, and will be followed by a Q&A hosted by Kate Housden, who worked with the company from 1975 – 1979, and Red Ladder Artistic Director, Rod Dixon. Several of the actors featured in the films will be in attendance, alongside other Red Ladder members from the 70s and 80s.
This is a free ticketed event, with donations to Save Red Ladder on the door.
- RT @deCoubertin: In 2019, Liverpool is a staunchly Labour city. To know why, it is important to go back to 1979 and Margaret Thatche… https://t.co/NG4c0tg1L3, 1 hour ago
- RT @SmileClubShow: I want to find a way to keep talking about what is happening to women. I want to stand up. I want to make something… https://t.co/BGsBbMr8m3, 1 hour ago
- RT @SmileClubShow: In the Smile Club universe women are worn down to the point of giving in, conceding the status quo, and accepting i… https://t.co/Oe4pNO78M3, 1 hour ago
- RT @SmileClubShow: That's where Smile Club comes from, that tired lean into apathy. If it is too much, if being angry all the time is… https://t.co/WgnM7wwxhz, 1 hour ago
- RT @SmileClubShow: I stop looking at it, I imagine it isn't happening, maybe it will go away. Maybe I can't call myself a feminist. 6/10, 1 hour ago
- RT @SmileClubShow: Please God not another T***p quote, high profile women torn down, story about how feminists hate each other, articl… https://t.co/H2Qa4koJga, 1 hour ago