Red Ladder supporters organise film screening
Supporters who worked with Red Ladder in the 70s and 80s have reunited to host screenings of two films featuring the company, to raise money for Save Red Ladder.
The films are ‘Taking Our Time,’ an Arena documentary (1978) which follows Red Ladder through the process of making the show of the same name, about the 1842 plug riots in the Calder Valley, and ‘Fringe Benefits’ – a BBC film (1979) featuring Red Ladder alongside other political companies of the time – The Sadista Sisters, Belt and Braces and The Albany Combination.
The screenings will take place at the Void Theatre, Sheffield Hallam University, from 3pm – 7pm on Saturday 15 November, and will be followed by a Q&A hosted by Kate Housden, who worked with the company from 1975 – 1979, and Red Ladder Artistic Director, Rod Dixon. Several of the actors featured in the films will be in attendance, alongside other Red Ladder members from the 70s and 80s.
This is a free ticketed event, with donations to Save Red Ladder on the door.
- The Tory comfortably answers by LYING - they have CUT funding not increased it. Arrogant; condescending & corrupt.… https://t.co/kDO744HKJ3, 7 hours ago
- So not quite 5 min! On NOW RL's Artistic Dir Rod Dixon chatting to the lovely @gayleoninterweb https://t.co/X9WSxAgQf9 @BBCLeeds #NPOfunding, 9 hours ago
- RL Artistic Dir Rod Dixon will be chatting to the lovely @gayleoninterweb in 5 min https://t.co/GoKkLlnDWM @BBCLeeds https://t.co/H3LFx2OL6c, 10 hours ago
- @DerbyTheatre Congratulations on your well deserved uplift x, 10 hours ago
- RT @BigBookend: Love that we are sat outside Harvey Nicks! Oh, the irony. https://t.co/t6QcEwDpsn, 11 hours ago
- @amcchisholm @Common_WealthHQ @BradfordLitFest And back to you! Some really exciting organisations in the Leeds-Bradford area!, 14 hours ago