Red Ladder writers nominated for Book Awards
Red Ladder writers Anthony Clavane and Boff Whalley have both been nominated for British Sports Book Awards for their books, ‘Does Your Rabbi Know You’re Here?’ and ‘Run Wild.’
Both writers will be talking about their books at Leeds Big Bookend on Saturday 8 June at Leeds Central Library. ‘An Audience with Boff Whalley’ will be held from 3pm, and Anthony’s ‘Made in Leeds’ with Wes Brown will be held at 2pm.
The festival will also include an event with Tony Harrison, the writer whose epic poem V came to define Thatcherite Britain, on Sunday 9 June at West Yorkshire Playhouse.
The festival will also play host to the world premiere of Boff Whalley’s new play about a Northern suffragette, ‘Wrong Un’ on Sunday 9 June.
- @slunglowalan Phew! Take it easy Al - sounds horrendous. Didn’t know that about the tests - it’s a nightmare ... ev… https://t.co/j0wRGdmzdz, May 01
- @KenTayl09484158 Not at all ... I didn’t get it for ages ... then saw it with some relief !!!!, Apr 30
- RT @Jon_ee_Bell: Great first episode of @Connected_2020 - well done everyone! Definitely going to be a good listen over the coming w… https://t.co/hTvhvgDpCw, Apr 30
- RT @drsmckay: My six months as @RedLadderTheatr marketing coordinator comes to an end today - It's been a joy to work with the te… https://t.co/X8gqBFt31J, Apr 30
- RT @HeronChe: https://t.co/N5jklxMr65, Apr 30
- RT @jezzeralexander: The Premier League table of coronavirus deaths will probably end up looking something like this: 1. USA -… https://t.co/WtTRgwOBJ2, Apr 30